Friday, January 21, 2011

Alexander.


Here is a metaphor to describe our next interviewee, Alexander Alekseenko - his pictures bring to mind the color brown. They have that texture of wood. Like, pine is so different from oak. Yet, they're both wood. Likewise, his pictures are immensely different from one another, but the subtle tones he uses is the common thread that tie all his photographs to him. His flickr is worth a look. Or two.













Tell us a bit about yourself. 
I'm 22 years old, currently living in post-soviet country of Ukraine. I feel like this current environment has exhausted itself for me, so I look forward to change as soon as possible. 

When did you start photographing? 
I've started doing what I do now back in 2008

What got you interested?
My grand father was a photographer so I guess the environment that I lived in influenced a lot. 

What does your camera equipment consist of? And what film do you prefer using?
Right now I use Ricoh R10 as everyday camera, also Pentax Spotmatic for 35mm and some random soviet 6x6 cameras which I don't use often. I am not picky about film, I am happy to use any kind I have available.

Who are your photography idols?
There aren't any. I enjoy looking at beautiful photographs and being inspired by them.

What music do you listen to? 
It can be some classic rock, dark wave, synth, garage punk. It depends.

What are your favorite artists/ authors? 
Viktor Tsoi, Ian Curtis, Kurt Cobain, David Bowie

One odd thing you love. 
Some can think its odd, for me everything I do and love is standard.

If there was one person dead or alive you could shoot, who would it be? and why? 
Tricky one, I'd really love to shoot Ian Curtis, there are not many color photos with him.

What is the soundtrack to your life?
Heartbeat

One own favorite picture of yours, and why?
I like all of them, it's hard to highlight just one

What time of the day do you prefer shooting?
It's definitely daytime, I don't enjoy flashes and studio light

Your favorite thing to shoot. 
Anything that catches my attention.

Who/ what would you say is your biggest inspiration?
Random thoughts about different things.

Three things you never leave home without. 
ipod, wallet, camera

What would you love to do with the rest of your life?
Have total control of it.

One thing you're saving up for. 
One way trip far away from here.

How does your city affect your art? 
It does not.

If you could choose one place in the world to live, where would it be? 
I have to try some first. Never been abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment